Spider glazing which can be point and planar is a system allowing the buildings facades glazing and giving them spectacular view accenting the simplicity and airiness of the project as a whole. Translucent structures have excellent characteristics: resistibility, smooth surface with a mirror effect and invisible frames. Currently various types of glass products with the heat and light protection functions, energy saving, and in addition to ordinary glasses, glass units with heat-strengthened multiple glass are very popular. Spider facades differ from ordinary glazed structures in that with spider glazing there is no carrying frame and the glass is fixed by special strong mechanisms. As architectural requirements have been growing recently, strict inquiries appeared regarding the material properties: high strength, safety and protection from natural influences and mechanical loads.
1. The system based on the structural column, plate or pipe. The complete system includes: the main structural element, connectors, spiders, rutels, glass. Such a system has the advantage of economy, usage of the building structural element and quick installation.
Other advantages of a spider glazing:
- Absolute transparency.
- The system fits any architectural style.
- Ability to highlight any shape of the building.
- The maximum coefficient of resistance to weather conditions.
- Uniform spider load.
- Maximum light-transmission factor
2. The system is fixed on a special rigid support where the glass necessarily serves as a protruding edge. Composition: supporting system, glass, spiders, rutels. The system has the advantage of secure fixings, maximum transparency and the possible creation of construction complex shape.
- system reliability
- maximum transparency as more glass is used
- ability to create complex architectural forms
3. The ropes system. It differs from other systems by its attractiveness, but the cost is very high. It includes difficult countings and hard installation work.
The AMTT specialists team develops spider projects taking into account the different coefficients of glass and metallic materials expansion. If you need a high-quality and well-calculated plan of the spider glazing, our skilled specialists will make a detailed estimate.
Advantages of the spider glazing systems
- Maximum transparency
- Appearance, combination with any architectural styles
- Creation of any complex architectural forms
- High resistance to atmospheric conditions
- Equal distribution of spider loads
- High durability
- Maximum light transmission